Laura Christine Ritz
Proven Leader. Eloquent Communicator. Experienced Collaborator.
Proven leadership, collaboration, and communication skills.
Experience with content editing and writing for various mediums.
Creative problem-solving skills with written content.
Exceptional understanding of best practices for writing coaching.
Graduate Certificate Professional Writing
Northern Arizona University, Class of 2019
Northern Arizona University, Class of 2009
B.S. Business Administration
University of Colorado at Boulder, Class of 2006
Leed’s School of Business Dean’s List, Spring 2005
Editor, Writer, President, The Durango Wordsmith (Writing with Eloquence)
- Provide copy editing, developmental editing, content writing, copywriting, ghostwriting, and text coaching services for marketing firms, bond managers, website creators, non-profits, educational institutions, and other business owners.
- Collaborate with clients to assist with the creation of websites, technical manuals, handbooks, marketing materials, business proposals, presentations, curricula, cover letters, resumes, etc.
- Create, edit, and publish media across different platforms, including Active Campaign, Constant Contact, and Buffer; write, edit, and collaborate on content using Microsoft Office and G Suite.
- Serve as company founder and president, managing all day-to-day operations including website design and upkeep, proposal writing, marketing, billing, accounting, etc.
Copywriter and Copy Editor, Playworks Education Energized
Remote employee out of Durango, CO
- Create compelling, targeted content for landing pages, blogs, emails, newsletters, and other marketing collateral.
- Copy edit regional blog and email submissions for accuracy, clarity, content, and message consistency; escalate concerns to Evaluation, Communications, or other departments as needed.
- Publish blogs and landing pages in WordPress; update past postings with current data, links, etc.
- Upload, approve, schedule, and send emails in Marketo, linking Salesforce campaigns and troubleshooting basic Marketo logic and protocols.
- Respond to Helpdesk tickets submitted through Salesforce to copy edit regional publications and resolve issues.
- Collaborate with marketing team and other staff members to create strategies for content that appeals to a diverse group of stakeholders, including outside donors and school-based decision makers.
- Utilize G Suite, Microsoft Office applications, Salesforce, WordPress, Marketo, and PerfectIt to streamline internal and external communications and ensure document accuracy.
Teacher Preparation Mentor, Colorado Mountain College
Glenwood Springs, CO
- Facilitate an environment for college students to observe and practice teaching skills.
- Meet with students to discuss instructional strategies and provide observation-based feedback.
- Interface with fellow mentors to evaluate current practices and develop procedures to ensure future program success.
Founding Dual-Language Teacher, Riverview Dual-Language School
Roaring Fork School District; Glenwood Springs, CO
- Create and establish a dual-language program that facilitates instruction for emergent bilingual students in English/Spanish literacy, mathematics, social studies, and science.
- Collaborate with co-teacher to develop and implement bilingual curriculum and assess student progress using DIBELS/IDEL, WAPT, and Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Ensure student academic growth meets the 80% standard in accordance with state and school goals.
ABE Core Language Arts Instructor, San Juan College
- Provide language arts instruction for adult learners in preparation for taking the GED Exam.
- Develop and implement curriculum and monitor student progress through regular TABE assessments.
Teacher and Team Leader, Lydia Rippey Elementary School
Aztec Municipal School District; Aztec, NM
- Manage team meetings, activities, and participate in school leadership opportunities.
- Facilitate learning for kindergarteners in literacy, mathematics, social studies, and science.
- Provide assessment data using CCSS Standards-Based report cards, DIBELS, and New Mexico KOT.
Program Director, Seeds of Learning Early Learning Center
Pagosa Springs, CO
- Lead staff professional development and provide direction regarding instruction, curriculum, assessment, and special services.
- Create a positive employee environment that reduced turnover by more than fifty percent.
- Manage staff concerns, requests, disciplinary action, terminations, new hire orientation, etc.
- Meet with special service providers to ensure full compliance with state standards and regional programs.
- Maintain records and communicate with families regarding instruction, student progress, and special services.
- Ensure adherence with Colorado Shines/Qualistar and NAEYC requirements.
- Monitor Teaching Strategies Gold and Creative Curriculum implementation.
ECE Teacher, Center for Adult and Family Education (C.A.F.E.)
Gunnison County Libraries; Gunnison, CO
- Facilitate a grant-funded program for English Language Learning students, ages 0-7 years old.
- Create and apply curriculum, activities and classroom management strategies to support students’ academic learning beyond the classroom.
Lead River Guide and Trainer, Colorado River Discovery
- Guide raft trips down the Colorado River through Glen Canyon.
- Create a positive atmosphere through eloquent story-telling and informative interpretation about the canyon.
- Provide leadership on multi-raft trips and support guest safety through monitoring on-river operations, weather conditions, passenger health, etc. and actively communicating with managers.
- Train new river guides by providing opportunities to practice their skills in a monitored environment, thus preparing them for independent guiding.
ECE Teacher, Shepherd Preschool
- Instruct students in developmentally-appropriate lessons to facilitate learning of literacy, mathematics, physical education, music, and social skills.
- Cooperate with co-teacher to create and apply curriculum, activities, and classroom behavior strategies.
Teacher, Desertview Elementary School
Page Unified School District; Page, AZ
- Collaborate with team members to develop standards-based instruction for students in literacy, mathematics, sciences, and other subjects.
- Reverse a mismanaged classroom environment (established by a predecessor) through creation and implementation of a Positive Behavior System and consistent behavioral expectations.
Paraeducator/Co-Teacher, Hillcrest Early Childhood Center
Renton School District; Renton, WA
- Facilitate educational program for preschoolers with the diagnosis of Autism.
- Collaborate with students, teachers, and parents to create and implement IEP Goals.
- Apply goals to assist students in behavioral, academic, social, and emotional growth.
Early Childhood Teacher, Sunrise Co-Op Preschool
- Facilitate a creative and engaging preschool co-op program for students, ages 18-36-months, and parents.
- Manage classroom activities and create opportunities for family involvement.
Childcare Provider, Berry Family
- Create educational activities and provide daily childcare for four children, ages 15 months-11 years.
- Assist the family with all other duties as needed, including housework, cooking, shopping, running of errands, etc.
Youth Advocate, Community Behavioral Health Services
- Create one-on-one and small group instructional activities for at-risk students, providing tools for social, emotional, and academic success.
- Assist therapists in managing client cases, maintain proper paperwork and documentation of services rendered, and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of all clients in a small community.
Paraprofessional (Kindergarten Aid), Russell Elementary School
JeffCo School District; Arvada, CO
- Assist teachers by leading small groups and leading/supervising classroom activities.
- Supervise recess and assist with various administrative tasks for all classrooms.
Accounts Payable, Faith Bible Chapel International
- Manage accounts payable through processing and payment of invoices.
- Assist with various accounting tasks such as accounts receivable, contributions, balancing cash sheets, updating general ledger, using Shelby Database and Accounting System.
- Receptionist and Administrative Assistant for multiple departments as needed.
Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation Program
Prescott College, Class of 2013
Colorado Teacher Licensure in Elementary (K-6) and Early Childhood (Ages 0-8)
New Mexico Teacher Licensure in Elementary (K-8) and Early Childhood (B-3)
**Proficient with the application of Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and standards-based formative and summative assessment protocols in the classroom**
Crested Butte Ski Resort, Lift Operator
Adaptive Sports Association of Durango Winter Volunteer
Relay for Life Volunteer
Faith Bible Chapel Page Middle and High School Youth Leader